BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Authorities say two 13-year-old boys have been rescued from Lake Champlain after they were shocked by an electrical current while swimming.

Burlington Assistant Fire Marshal Thomas Middleton says the boys were swimming off a dock when they were shocked at around 12:30 p.m. Saturday.

Middleton says the father of one of the boys was also shocked when he jumped in the water to help them, but was able to lift them to safety. He says the man's wife was also shocked when she tried to help him.

All four were treated at a hospital and released.

Middleton says the electricity likely came from a boat's 120 volt electrical cord that was plugged into a 240 volt outlet on the dock.

The families have asked not to be identified.

Recommended for you