CSSB3E5.jpg

This home at 58 Lower Road in Clintonville was damaged Wednesday, when a grease fire erupted in the kitchen area and spread through the roof of the structure.

A mobile home here was severely damaged when a grease fire tore through the kitchen Wednesday night.

The home is owned by Rodney and Sandra Douglas.

Keeseville Fire Capt. Kyle Roberts said flames ripped through the roof of the structure, located at 58 Lower Road.

"There is a lot of damage," he said, mostly from smoke and water.

They received the call at about 10:20 p.m.

Mr. Douglas was the only one home at the time, and he and his pets got out safely, Roberts said.

"There was heavy smoke when I first arrived," Roberts said. "(Flames) pretty much stayed right in the kitchen area."

Mutual aid came from AuSable Forks Fire Department and aerial support from South Plattsburgh Fire Department.

Roberts said the double-wide mobile home is insured, and the couple are getting help from the Red Cross.

The couple was expected to meet with Red Cross officials Thursday afternoon, and it was unclear at that time whether they would be able to return to their home, which sustained extensive damage in some areas.

E-mail Michelle Besaw at: mbesaw@pressrepublican.com

Trending Video

Recommended for you