Essex Co. Cornell Cooperative moves to temporary site

A parade of Cornell Cooperative Extension employees — Linda Gillilland, Laurie Davis, Laura Nicholson, Samantha Davis and Carly Summers — heads down the ramp from the soon-to-be renovated Cornell Cooperative Extension headquarters at the Essex County Fairgrounds, carrying boxes of office materials.

WESTPORT — A parade of Cornell Cooperative Extension employees — Linda Gillilland, Laurie Davis, Laura Nicholson, Samantha Davis and Carly Summers — headed down the ramp recently from the soon-to-be renovated Cornell Cooperative Extension headquarters at the Essex County Fairgrounds, carrying boxes of office materials.

They were headed for the former Jehovah’s Witnesses building in Lewis, temporary digs while their own building is stabilized and renovated.

The distinctive facility at the fairgrounds, which originally housed the Junior Achievement Bureau, was constructed in 1924.

Moriah Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility inmates assisted in the move.

Cooperative Extension’s phone number, 518-962-4810, and email, essex@cornell.edu, remain the same.