All New Yorkers age 12 or older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available at multiple sites throughout the North Country.
Please note that clinics offering the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines are NOT open to those younger than 18. The Pfizer vaccine IS authorized for 12- to 17-year-olds.
The website vaccinefinder.org/search/ can help connect you to clinics and locations with available vaccine based on your zip code.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT CLINICS
The Essex County Health Department will offer Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. most Mondays and Fridays at its office, 132 Water St. in Elizabethtown. For registration links, go to co.essex.ny.us/Health/make-an-appointment/.
The Clinton County Health Department will hold clinics from 10 a.m. to noon every Thursday at its office, 133 Margaret St. in Plattsburgh. Moderna and Pfizer vaccine are available. To register, call 518-565-4848.
Franklin County Public Health will offer the Pfizer vaccine from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 7 to Sunday, Aug. 15 at the Franklin County Fair. The vaccination trailer, which will have an "I got my COVID-19 vaccine!" flag flying above it, will be located on the infield of the fairgrounds. No appointments are necessary. Those who attend should be prepared to wait for 15 minutes after their shots for observation.
FCPH will also provide vaccinations at county immunization clinics. Call 518-481-1710 to schedule a vaccination.
The St. Regis Mohawk Tribe's Health Services will hold walk-in vaccination clinics from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Wednesday at the former IGA building on State Route 37. These are open to all individuals age 12 or older; minors require a parent present.
Call Health Services at 518-333-0230 with any questions.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network has vaccines available at all health center locations. To check availability or sign up for an appointment, call a health center or go to hhhn.org/coronavirus/, scroll down to "Vaccine Appointments" and follow the instructions for the respective health center links.
Appointments are available at pharmacies throughout the region:
• Walgreens: Visit http://www.walgreens.com/covidvaccine or call the stores directly.
• Hannaford: Visit https://www.hannaford.com/pharmacy/covid-19-vaccine or call the pharmacies directly.
• Kinney Drugs: Visit https://www.kinneydrugs.com/locations/appointments/. Put in your zip code to see if there are appointments at that location.
• Price Chopper/Market 32: All participating stores are now offering walk-in appointments for customers age 18 or over, though it is recommended to call ahead to check availability of doses.
• Adirondack Apothecary (locations in Moriah, Schroon Lake and Willsboro): Visit https://adk.timetap.com/#/
• Maggy Pharmacy in Dannemora: Visit https://maggypharmacy.net/ to sign up for an available appointment or the vaccine waitlist.
• Cornerstone Drug and Gift in Rouses Point: Visit https://www.cornerstonedrug.com
Seniors can contact their local offices for the aging:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4620
• Essex County: 518-873-3695
• Franklin County: 518-481-1526
All are welcome to contact local health departments:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4840
• Essex County: 518-873-3500
• Franklin County: 518-481-1111