All New Yorkers age 5 or older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available at multiple sites throughout the North Country.
Please note that clinics offering the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines are NOT open to those younger than 18. The Pfizer vaccine IS authorized for 5- to 15-year-olds, and federally approved for those age 16 or older.
Pediatric Pfizer vaccine doses are now authorized for 5- to 11-year-olds. Go to vaccinefinder.org/search/ to find clinics and locations with available vaccine based on age group and zip code. You can also text your zip code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive additional, or third, doses of the vaccine. Learn more about who falls into that category at tinyurl.com/yamun2ar.
Booster doses are authorized for anyone 12 or older who completed the Pfizer vaccine series at least five months ago, and anyone 18 or older who completed the Moderna vaccine series at least five months ago or received the J&J vaccine at least two months ago. Learn more about booster dose eligibility at tinyurl.com/ukrh8u7c.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT CLINICS
The Clinton County Health Department will hold the following clinics in January at the Clinton Community College gymnasium, 158 Clinton Point Drive in Plattsburgh.
First, second, third and booster doses of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, as well as pediatric Pfizer doses, are available. Registration links are listed below. For assistance from CCHD or to register for a third dose if you are immunocompromised, call 518-565-4848.
• Saturday, Jan. 22 (State #VaxforKids site)
- Pfizer first dose: tinyurl.com/2p8mhj3x
- Pfizer second dose: tinyurl.com/4u2tfeju
- Moderna first dose: tinyurl.com/2p8ah4w9
- Moderna second dose: tinyurl.com/448r572x
- Booster dose: tinyurl.com/27by34pp
- Pediatric Pfizer first dose: tinyurl.com/4tbypshu
- Pediatric Pfizer second dose: tinyurl.com/3dhs5aut
• Thursday, Jan. 27
- Booster dose: tinyurl.com/5h2a2fdc
The Essex County Health Department will offer first dose appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays throughout January and February, and booster doses on Thursday, Jan. 27. The clinics will take place at ECHD's office, 132 Water St. in Elizabethtown.
Pre-register based on desired vaccine at the links below or call 518-873-3500 for assistance.
• Pfizer first dose: tinyurl.com/5cnmdr43
• Moderna first dose: tinyurl.com/yzm3wenv
• Johnson & Johnson first dose: tinyurl.com/2p8pmjkf
• Booster doses (all three vaccines available): tinyurl.com/2h8j8zvk
The St. Regis Mohawk Tribe's Health Services will hold pediatric Pfizer vaccine clinics at their main campus, 404 State Route 37 in Akwesasne, every Tuesday from 3 to 5 p.m. These will be walk-in clinics, but appointments are preferred and can be made by calling 518-358-3142.
Health Services will also hold walk-in vaccination clinics from noon to 3:30 p.m. every Wednesday at the former IGA building, 850 State Route 37 in Akwesasne, for all individuals age 12 or older; minors require a parent present. These clinics offer first and second doses as well as booster doses for individuals 16 or older. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are available.
Franklin County Public Health will hold multiple clinics in January. For most, drop-ins are welcome but will be limited, and priority will be given to those who pre-registered at the links below:
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 26 at the Saranac Lake Free Library, 109 Main St. in Saranac Lake. Pfizer and Moderna booster doses will be available.
- Moderna booster (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.): tinyurl.com/2p8erfth
- Pfizer booster (1 to 3 p.m.): tinyurl.com/ycktths9
FCPH's February clinics will take place at St. Andre's Outreach Center, 12 Homestead Park in Malone, unless otherwise noted:
• Pfizer booster doses will be offered on the following dates and times:
- 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 3: tinyurl.com/bucsj2s5
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8: tinyurl.com/2t4tktet
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 15: tinyurl.com/2bjw26xx
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22: tinyurl.com/2p87c5dx
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 24 at the Tupper Lake Fire Department, 21 Santa Clara Ave. in Tupper Lake (no appointments available as of Friday, Jan. 21): tinyurl.com/bdeejk9c
• Pfizer pediatric doses will be offered from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 10: tinyurl.com/yckmprks
• Moderna booster doses will be offered from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 17: tinyurl.com/2c6dbdn6
FCPH also plans to hold the following clinics, for which registration links have not yet been issued. Each will take at St. Andre's Outreach Center in Malone.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 1: Pfizer booster doses.
• 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, March 3: Pfizer second doses for those who attended the pediatric clinic on Feb. 10.
Contact FCPH at 518-481-1710 with any questions.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network health centers have vaccines available. To check availability or sign up for an appointment, call a health center or go to hhhn.org/coronavirus/, scroll down to "Vaccine Appointments" and follow the instructions for the respective health center links.
Appointments are available at pharmacies throughout the region. Third doses and booster doses are available at the following pharmacies:
• Walgreens: Visit http://www.walgreens.com/covidvaccine or call the stores directly.
• Kinney Drugs: Visit https://www.kinneydrugs.com/locations/appointments/. Put in your zip code to see if there are appointments at that location.
• Price Chopper/Market 32: All participating stores are now offering walk-in appointments for customers age 18 or over, though it is recommended to call ahead to check availability of doses.
• Walmart: Visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302.
• CVS Pharmacy: Visit https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/get-vaccinated.
• Hannaford: Visit https://www.hannaford.com/pharmacy/covid-19-vaccine or call the pharmacies directly.
The following also offer COVID vaccines:
• Adirondack Apothecary (locations in Moriah, Schroon Lake and Willsboro): Visit https://adk.timetap.com/#/
• Maggy Pharmacy in Dannemora: Visit https://maggypharmacy.net/ to sign up for an available appointment or the vaccine waitlist.
• Cornerstone Drug and Gift in Rouses Point: Visit https://www.cornerstonedrug.com
Seniors can contact their local offices for the aging:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4620
• Essex County: 518-873-3695
• Franklin County: 518-481-1526
All are welcome to contact local health departments:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4840
• Essex County: 518-873-3500
• Franklin County: 518-481-1111