All New Yorkers age 16 or older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available at multiple sites throughout the North Country.
Please note that clinics offering the Moderna vaccine are NOT open to 16- or 17-year-olds. The Pfizer vaccine IS authorized for 16- and 17-year-olds.
The website vaccinefinder.org/search/ can help connect you to clinics and locations with available vaccine based on your zip code.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT CLINICS
The Clinton County Health Department will hold Moderna clinics open to all eligible New York State residents over the next several weeks:
• Wednesday, April 21 at the Saranac Fire Department: tinyurl.com/mk5puva2
• Thursday, April 22 at the Clinton Community College gymnasium: tinyurl.com/8tzkux8z
• Wednesday, April 28 at the Keeseville Fire Department: tinyurl.com/ahk4ex4m
• Wednesday, May 5 at Holy Angels Church in Altona: tinyurl.com/3tjpn7nt
• Wednesday, May 12 at Northern Cakes Redemption Center in Plattsburgh: tinyurl.com/bd7yb43r
The Essex County Health Department will hold Moderna clinics open to all eligible New York State residents this month:
• Friday, April 23 at the Town of Jay Community Center: tinyurl.com/x9uk9ms
• Thursday, April 29 at the Port Henry Knights of Columbus: tinyurl.com/25rwahss
Franklin County Public Health will hold Moderna clinics open to those who live, work or study in New York this month:
• 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 22 at St. Andre's Outreach Center (the former Holy Family School) in Malone: tinyurl.com/32nhdak4
• Thursday, April 29 at the Saranac Lake Free Library: tinyurl.com/vxjyj9pm
The St. Regis Mohawk Tribe's Health Services will hold walk-in Moderna clinics every Thursday at the former IGA building on State Route 37. Those who are 16 or 17 years old and would like to receive the Pfizer vaccine are asked to call Health Services at 518-333-0230 for more information.
Visit am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/ to sign up for other available clinics, including state Department of Health-run sites in Plattsburgh and Potsdam.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network health centers are receiving a limited supply of vaccine. To check availability or sign up for an appointment, go to hhhn.org/coronavirus/, scroll down to "Vaccine Appointments" and follow the instructions for the respective health center links.
As of Tuesday, Champlain Family Health had appointments available for Thursday, April 22.
Appointments are available at pharmacies throughout the region:
• Walgreens: Visit http://www.walgreens.com/covidvaccine or call the stores directly.
• Hannaford: Visit https://www.hannaford.com/pharmacy/covid-19-vaccine or call the pharmacies directly.
• Kinney Drugs: Visit https://www.kinneydrugs.com/locations/appointments/. Put in your zip code to see if there are appointments at that location.
• Adirondack Apothecary (locations in Moriah, Schroon Lake and Willsboro): Visit https://adk.timetap.com/#/
• Maggy Pharmacy in Dannemora: Visit https://maggypharmacy.net/ to sign up for an available appointment or the vaccine waitlist.
• Cornerstone Drug and Gift in Rouses Point: Visit https://www.cornerstonedrug.com
Seniors can contact their local offices for the aging:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4620
• Essex County: 518-873-3695
• Franklin County: 518-481-1526
All are welcome to contact local health departments:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4840
• Essex County: 518-873-3500
• Franklin County: 518-481-1111