All New Yorkers age 12 or older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available at multiple sites throughout the North Country.
Please note that clinics offering the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines are NOT open to those younger than 18. The Pfizer vaccine IS authorized for 12- to 15-year-olds, and federally approved for those age 16 or older.
The website vaccinefinder.org/search/ can help connect you to clinics and locations with available vaccine based on your zip code. You can also text your zip code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive additional, or third, doses of the vaccine. Learn more about who falls into that category at tinyurl.com/yamun2ar.
Booster doses are recommended for certain populations who completed the Pfizer vaccine series at least six months ago. Learn more about booster dose eligibility at tinyurl.com/ukrh8u7c.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT CLINICS
The Essex County Health Department holds vaccine clinics from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Fridays at its office, 132 Water St. in Elizabethtown. Moderna, Pfizer and J&J vaccines are available, as are third doses for the immunocompromised and boosters for eligible individuals who previously completed the Pfizer 2-dose vaccine regimen.
Visit tinyurl.com/j4f3jrw8 to find links to register for an appointment or call 518-873-3500 for assistance.
The St. Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Health Services holds walk-in vaccination clinics from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the former IGA building on State Route 37 for all individuals age 12 or older; minors require a parent present. Only first and second doses are offered at this time.
To receive a COVID-19 vaccination directly at Health Services, 404 State Route 37 in Akwesasne, schedule an appointment in advance by calling the tribal clinic at 518-358-3141. Call Health Services at 518-333-0230 with any questions.
For each dose of the vaccine they get, tribal members and employees of the tribe, Akwesasne Mohawk Casino or tribal enterprises who are 18 or older will receive a $100 gift certificate from the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort redeemable at the casino for cash. Individuals younger than 18 will receive a $100 Walmart gift card. This incentive applies to new vaccinations only.
The Clinton County Health Department holds clinics every Thursday at the Clinton Community College gymnasium, 158 Clinton Point Drive in Plattsburgh. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are available.
To register for a first or second dose, or a third dose for the immunocompromised, call 518-565-4848. Registration links for Pfizer booster doses are listed at clintonhealth.org/covid19vaccine/.
Franklin County Public Health will provide vaccinations at county immunization clinics. Call 518-481-1710 to schedule a vaccination.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network has vaccines available at all health center locations. To check availability or sign up for an appointment, call a health center or go to hhhn.org/coronavirus/, scroll down to "Vaccine Appointments" and follow the instructions for the respective health center links.
Appointments are available at pharmacies throughout the region. Third doses and booster doses are available at the following pharmacies:
• Walgreens: Visit http://www.walgreens.com/covidvaccine or call the stores directly.
• Kinney Drugs: Visit https://www.kinneydrugs.com/locations/appointments/. Put in your zip code to see if there are appointments at that location.
• Price Chopper/Market 32: All participating stores are now offering walk-in appointments for customers age 18 or over, though it is recommended to call ahead to check availability of doses.
• Walmart: Visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302.
• CVS Pharmacy: Visit https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/get-vaccinated.
• Hannaford: Visit https://www.hannaford.com/pharmacy/covid-19-vaccine or call the pharmacies directly.
The following also offer COVID vaccines:
• Adirondack Apothecary (locations in Moriah, Schroon Lake and Willsboro): Visit https://adk.timetap.com/#/
• Maggy Pharmacy in Dannemora: Visit https://maggypharmacy.net/ to sign up for an available appointment or the vaccine waitlist.
• Cornerstone Drug and Gift in Rouses Point: Visit https://www.cornerstonedrug.com
Seniors can contact their local offices for the aging:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4620
• Essex County: 518-873-3695
• Franklin County: 518-481-1526
All are welcome to contact local health departments:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4840
• Essex County: 518-873-3500
• Franklin County: 518-481-1111