DUMAS - A funeral service for Earl Francis Dumas, 87, formerly of the Monty Road and more recently of Keeseville, N.Y., who died on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at CVPH Medical Center, was held on Monday, March 11, at Sacred Heart Church in Chazy. Rev. Raymond J. Moreau, Pastor, celebrated a Mass of Christian burial. Readings were done by Megan Woodbury and Joshua Patnode. Words of remembrance were given by Robert Dumas. Vocalists were Rachael Dumas and Jonathan Roberts and organist was George Shnob. Jacqueline Patnode and Christina Woodbury presented the gifts. Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #1418 in Champlain provided military honors. Arrangements are with the R.W. Walker Funeral Home, 69 Court St., Plattsburgh.
Hotel Saranac sold
Renovations to historic hotel are among top-16 priority projects awaiting word on funding from Albany on Wednesday.
State Tax Relief Commission report yields ideas
Local and state leaders, among them Clinton and Essex county officials, hope some of the proposals can save individuals and businesses in taxes.
- Fire chief pleads guilty to defrauding department Jason F. Whisher was sentenced to one year in jail, conditionally discharged, and paid $8,500 in restitution to the AuSable Forks Volunteer Fire Department.
Firefighters avert disaster in Champlain, Fort Covington
Damage was contained to mostly one room in both fires, one started by a child with a lighter and the other by an unattended candle.
- Douglas seeks to helm county again Jay Supervisor Randy Douglas is going for a fifth term as chairman of the Essex County Board of Supervisors.
- Black Brook seeks HUD funding The money would rehab homes for residents who qualify.
Logo sought for Ticonderoga Natural Foods Co-op
The store, expected to open next year, invites submissions for the artwork that will identify its aims of healthy living, sustainability and selling local products.
- Plattsburgh man makes pilgrimage in Spain Antonio Perez endured blistering heat and blistered feet and fell sway to the simplicity of life on the 35-day trek.
- In the Service: Dec. 11, 2013 Accomplishments by military members from the North Country.
- Of Interest: Dec. 11, 2013 Take a brief look at news of note from around the North Country.
- More Wednesday Headlines
- Hotel Saranac sold