HENRIETTA P. "PAT" WILLIAMS, 95, formerly of Apple Valley Drive, Peru, died Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, at the Clinton County Nursing Home in Plattsburgh. She was born in Albany, Aug. 18, 1918, the daughter of John G. and Henrietta (Herter) Peters. At Henrietta's request, there will be no public calling hours. A memorial service will be held at the Peru Community Church at a date and time to be announced. A complete obituary will be in Thursday's Press Republican. Arrangements are in the care of the Hamilton Funeral Home, 294 Mannix Road, Peru.
- North Country makes top 5 Will get $81.3 million for projects; named a top performer in state initiative.
- Share your holiday memories The Press-Republican wants to share the joy of past holidays with readers and invites submissions for future publication.
- Police: Two arrested after frat-house assault Nicholas C. Simmons, Luis M. Munoz and other SUNY Plattsburgh students badly injured Daniel Colflesh as he waited for friends outside the AXP house early Nov. 23, authorities say.
- Man struck by car critical Michael A. MaGee of West Chazy was hit as he crossed Smithfield Boulevard in Plattsburgh on Tuesday afternoon.
Shared-garage idea still alive
Malone Central School District is eyeing a new site since the FAA complicated plans to use a parcel near the Malone Town Highway Garage.
Hotel Saranac sold
Renovations to historic hotel are among top-16 priority projects awaiting word on funding from Albany on Wednesday.
State Tax Relief Commission report yields ideas
Local and state leaders, among them Clinton and Essex county officials, hope some of the proposals can save individuals and businesses in taxes.
- Fire chief pleads guilty to defrauding department Jason F. Whisher was sentenced to one year in jail, conditionally discharged, and paid $8,500 in restitution to the AuSable Forks Volunteer Fire Department.
Firefighters avert disaster in Champlain, Fort Covington
Damage was contained to mostly one room in both fires, one started by a child with a lighter and the other by an unattended candle.
- Douglas seeks to helm county again Jay Supervisor Randy Douglas is going for a fifth term as chairman of the Essex County Board of Supervisors.
- More Wednesday Headlines