DUQUETTE - A Mass of Christian burial was celebrated on Tuesday, April 2, 2013, at St. Mary's Church in Champlain for Marjorie M. Duquette, 90, of Clinton County Nursing Home, who died Friday, March 29, at CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh, with her family by her side. Rev. James Delbel, Pastor, celebrated the Mass and was assisted by Deacon Laszlo Ivanits. Organist was Steve Burkey, who was accompanied by soloist, Mitch Willette. The pall was placed by her children, Michael Duquette, Joan Boucher and Jane Kowalski and the crucifix was placed by great-granddaughter Brynn Hite. Granddaughters Dana Kowalski and Holli Boucher read from the scripture. The offertory was brought to the altar by grandchildren Rebecca and David Boucher. Son-in-law John Kowalski offered remarks of remembrance. Pallbearers were Gary Hart, Dennis Boucher, Peter Duquette, Kyle Castine, Dale Cardin, and Arsene Letourneau. Burial will be at a later date in the parish cemetery on Church Street. Arrangements are in the care of M.B. Clark Funeral Home, 196 Elm St., Champlain, N.Y.
Parades to honor Olympic athletes
Main Streets will welcome Olympic athletes home on March 16 in Lake Placid, March 26 in Saranac Lake.
Vermont towns oppose IP pipeline
Two communities and one agency voted against the spur that would cross the lake and serve the Ticonderoga mill, but the results are nonbinding.
City, town explore increased collaboration
The two Plattsburghs will host a workshop on March 14 to bring government officials and department heads together to meet with their counterparts and generate ideas on more shared services.
Master plan in view for Saranac River Trail
Town of Plattsburgh Complete Streets Committee updated on project. Next meeting is March 26.
Radio Shack to close up to 1,100 stores
The company has not announced which ones, but it has four stores in the tri-county region.
Hogansburg woman charged with aggravated animal cruelty
Shawna A. Bero, 29, was taking care of the dog for a friend who is in Franklin County Jail.
Champlain chimney fire leads to structure fire
Smoke entered the walls of Jeffery and Shelly Peete's home.
Police: NAC student sparked fire in locker room
A teacher doused the flames with a fire extinguisher, but two lockers and some clothing items were damaged.
Students gear up for Regional Spelling Bee
The 2014 Champlain Valley Educational Services Regional Spelling Bee will take place at 6 p.m. Friday at Moriah Central School.
Of Interest: March 5, 2014.
Take a look at news in brief from around the North Country.
- More Wednesday Headlines
- Parades to honor Olympic athletes