Email Kim Smith Dedam:email@example.com
COMMON CORE RECOMMENDATIONS
Gov. Andrew Cuomo's Common Core Implementation Panel suggests, among other changes:
• Banning standardized "bubble tests" for children in pre-kindergarten through second grade.
• Ensuring that state assessments in English and math for students grades 3 through 8 are not used against them and do not appear on permanent school records.
• Ending inappropriate testing for students with disabilities and English language learners.
• Capping the amount of time schools can use for standardized tests and test preparation.
• Creating a Parents Bill of Rights for Data Privacy to explain clearly why data is being collected by the state and the school, who it is shared with and why.
• Setting procedures for parent notification in case of any data breach.
See the full report: http://tinyurl.com/m8epnkc