CHAMPLAIN — Firefighters tore into the roof and walls of a residence at 15 Mccrea Road to put out a structure fire.
At about 4:34 p.m., The Champlain and Rouses Point fire departments responded to a chimney fire at the home of Jeffery and Shelly Peete, with Mooers Fire Department standing by.
“We didn’t notice the hot spots until we got up into the ceiling,” said Champlain Volunteer Fire Department Second Assistant Chief Walter Lapan.
With only minor damage to the roof and walls, he said, the family will be able to stay at the residence.
“It went pretty smoothly,” Lapan said.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire.
The departments were back in service at about 6:30 p.m.