- Weather News
- Malone flood-mitigation plans move ahead FEMA funding could be made available for buyouts of Lower Park Street properties, installation of water-monitoring devices and to shore up County Route 25 in Franklin County.
- Johns Brook project to restore natural flow Emergency work after Tropical Storm Irene helped protect property in Keene Valley; the effort going on now will help prevent future flooding.
- Flood buyout program nears end Most of the homes destroyed by flooding are in the Essex County towns of Jay and Keene.
Governor brings $7.5 million for flood reconstruction
New York Rising looks to reconstruction, remediation and resilience in Keene and Jay.
Upper Jay Fire District gets $1.5 million from state
Community Renewal funding means building the new fire station on higher ground.
New home replaces storm-ravaged structure
Habitat for Humanity and the Housing Assistance Program of Essex County teamed up to help a Crown Point woman whose residence was crippled by Tropical Storm Irene.
Essex, Clinton counties unsure on aid
Officials hope they will join Franklin County in becoming eligible for federal disaster aid from June and July's flooding and severe storms.
Franklin County Legislators mull clerk for FEMA work
Franklin County is asked to add part-time staff to help its municipalities finish paperwork to capture federal disaster-relief funds.
Storm downs trees, power lines
Multiple reports of trees and power lines down in Lyon Mountain.
- People asked to conserve energy State power system stressed by soaring temperatures.
- More Weather News Headlines