- Weather News
High winds expected tonight and Friday
Power companies offer safety tips to North Country customers.
Keene's new fire station featured in PSA
Spots on television share stories of community renewal, rebuilding after devastating storms.
Red Cross: Sign up for earthquake drill
The Great ShakeOut is at 10:17 a.m. Thursday, when millions around the world will drop what they're doing and practice how they would react should a temblor strike.
Community forums set on Jay, Keene flooding
Locals are invited to share stories, offer input on being better prepared in the future.
Large section of Plattsburgh loses power
Lightning may be to blame, but the Municipal Lighting Department manager was not completely sure.
- Malone flood-mitigation plans move ahead FEMA funding could be made available for buyouts of Lower Park Street properties, installation of water-monitoring devices and to shore up County Route 25 in Franklin County.
- Johns Brook project to restore natural flow Emergency work after Tropical Storm Irene helped protect property in Keene Valley; the effort going on now will help prevent future flooding.
- Flood buyout program nears end Most of the homes destroyed by flooding are in the Essex County towns of Jay and Keene.
Governor brings $7.5 million for flood reconstruction
New York Rising looks to reconstruction, remediation and resilience in Keene and Jay.
Upper Jay Fire District gets $1.5 million from state
Community Renewal funding means building the new fire station on higher ground.
- More Weather News Headlines
- High winds expected tonight and Friday