Warning Issue Date: 428 AM EST FRI JAN 03 2014
Warning Expiration: 400 PM EST FRI JAN 03 2014
Wind chill warning remains in effect until 4 pm est this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the the wind chill warning...until 4 p.m. this afternoon.
* Locations...the Saint Lawrence Valley of New York...Clinton County New York and the northern Champlain Valley in New York and Vermont.
* Hazard types...dangerously cold wind chills.
* Wind chill readings as low as 40 below due to temperatures 4 below to 18 below zero and winds north 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
* Timing...Arctic airmass in place will maintain dangerously low wind chill values through this afternoon. Wind chill temperatures will improve this afternoon as winds die down.
* Impacts...wind chill readings of this magnitude can result in frostbite developing in as little as 15 minutes on exposed skin.