ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — How Hurricane Sandy and two other storm systems are impacting New York state:
- POWER OUTAGES: About 15,000, mostly on Long Island and Brooklyn.
- EVACUATIONS: 375,000 have been ordered to leave flood-prone zones in New York City.
- SHELTERS: 76 open in New York City, several others in Hudson Valley.
- INJURIES/DEATHS: None reported.
- CLOSINGS: All New York City schools, and many in Hudson Valley. Other upstate districts are sending students home early. New York metro area subways, buses and commuter railroads shut down, along with Amtrak service in the Northeast. Sullivan County government offices closing at noon and will be closed Tuesday.
- HIGHLIGHT: Wind gust of 58 mph at LaGuardia Airport in Queens.
- QUOTE OF THE DAY: "I'm not leaving. My house is here. My business is here. When the bell tolls, you live with it." — Ralph Gorham, co-owner of Red Hook Lobster Pound in Brooklyn.