ROBERT P. THOMPSON, age 85, of Lake Placid, N.Y. died Friday, August 23, 2013, at Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake, N.Y. Mr. Thompson was born July 26, 1928 in Philadelphia, Pa. , the son of the late William J. and the late Anne (Gormley) Thompson. There are no calling hours. Services will be held at the convenience of the family. Arrangements are in the care of M.B. Clark Funeral Home.
- Franklin County drug sweep nets 10 Heroin dealers among those in custody in Malone.
- Part of Devil's Den Road closed Wednesday Culvert replacement to close Altona road.
- Essex County debates trash May extend present contract to give time for soliciting bids from other firms.
Hearings reset for Trevor Sisto; funerals planned for crash victims
Preliminary proceedings on reckless driving, double-fatal crash charges now in mid August in Lake Placid, North Elba.
- DA: Office requesting new Trombly trial Attorneys will conference with Judge Kevin Ryan Wednesday morning, seeking date for new proceedings on manslaughter case involving death of jogger Ashley A. Poissant in Champlain.
- Quebec man dies while hiking Giant Mountain Phillipe Aznar, 66, of Verdun, Quebec, had a heart attack while climbing the mountain with friends.
Ellenburg murder-suicide blamed on marital discord
Autopsy confirms police report that Pamela Williamson was murdered by her husband, Larry.
Paul Smith's chooses new leader
Cathy Dove leaving Cornell NYC Tech to become college's 10th president.
Man charged in high-speed rampage due in court
Police say Sisto hit a car in Saranac Lake before fleeing to Lake Placid.
Police: Traffic stop nets $10,000 in heroin
Nathan J. Desharnais of Saranac Lake faces charges.
- More Tuesday Headlines