ROBERT H. WILEY, 85, died at his home in Willsboro, N.Y. Sunday, August 18, 2013. He was born in Trenton, N.J. Jan. 30, 1928, the son of Walter and Pearl (Atwood) Wiley. Memorial and burial services will be held on a date to be announced later. Huestis Funeral Home Inc. is in charge of arrangements.
- Region braces for Vulcan The developing storm may also bring 30 mph wind gusts.
- CP Railway talks safety Canadian Pacific representatives say safer tank cars are being put into service to transport crude oil.
- State to buy 8,451 former Finch, Pruyn acres The 14 parcels for the Adirondack Park will cost $5.7 million and come with grant opportunities for recreation enterprises.
- Moriah fire damages home A steep and icy private driveway made access to the blaze difficult.
- Students to rally for social change A racial slur allegedly used on a frat-party invitation list has prompted SUNY Plattsburgh who are advocating for an end to hateful language and discrimination.
- Friends of River Trail meeting canceled Meeting scheduled for this afternoon won't be held.
- Police: Knife wielded in couple's dispute Crimson L. Smith left a 1-inch cut on her boyfriend's right forearm, authorities say.
Electronic communication has pitfalls
SUNY Plattsburgh Adjunct Lecturer Jerry Kelly told an audience to be professional when using email, texting, voicemail.
Two years, no answers in search for Colin Gillis
Tupper Lake teen's disappearance on March 11, 2012, remains an open case, as police seek further information.
School officials say close the Gap
Now that the state boasts a $300 million surplus, it's time to restore aid that was called a one-time cut four years ago, Saranac Lake Central School and others are saying.
- More Tuesday Headlines