HAYDEN MICHELLE LAGOY, the infant daughter of Joshua LaGoy and Kristie LaFountain died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, at Fletcher Allen Healthcare in Burlington, Vt. She was born Oct. 20, 2012 in Plattsburgh. Calling hours will be from 10 a.m. - 12 noon, Friday, Nov. 23, at the Ross Funeral Home in Ellenburg Depot. Arrangements are in the care of the Ross Funeral Home, 5059 Route 11, Ellenburg Depot.
Two years, no answers in search for Colin Gillis
Tupper Lake teen's disappearance on March 11, 2012, remains an open case, as police seek further information.
- School officials say close the Gap Now that the state boasts a $300 million surplus, it's time to restore aid that was called a one-time cut four years ago, Saranac Lake Central School and others are saying.
Cuomo budget includes education initiatives
Along with partial elimination of the Gap Adjustment, his proposed spending plan would add Universal Pre-K programs and institute a property-tax freeze.
- City still discussing sidewalk snow removal Issue has been a hot topic in Plattsburgh this winter with all the snow and ice the area has seen.
- Essex County braces for rabies Public Health is holding immunization clinics and gearing up for its spring fight against the spread of the disease.
No losers in pond-hockey fundraiser
A group of correction officers took to the ice at a Champlain home to benefit a colleague with cancer and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Public-transportation buses need new home Franklin County is under a tight deadline to vacate the former Cleyn & Tinker building.
- Plattsburgh launches town history blog The first installment will appear March 12, and Town Historian Jerry Bates hopes to post a new one every 14 days.
- Of Interest: March 11, 2014 Take a look at brief news of note from around the North Country.
- Police Log: March 11, 2014 Peru woman charged with promoting prison contraband; Canastota, N.Y., man charged with unlicensed operation; Brushton woman charged with felony DWI; One person injured in two-car accident
- More Tuesday Headlines
- Two years, no answers in search for Colin Gillis