Police Log: April 13, 2014
Malone woman charged with prison contraband possession; Altmar, N.Y. man charged with felony DWI; Malone man charged with felony DWI; Peru man charged with felony DWI; Saranac man charged with felony DWI; Essex man charged with felony DWI.
- Editorial: A gift of gratitude for WWII veterans One by one, this area is losing its World War II veterans.
- There's no saw like an old saw Kaye and I laughed ourselves silly the other day as we tried to top each other with our own sayings from childhood, columnist Gordie Little writes.
Privacy concerns make a comeback
There's a growing concern amongst the millennials, columnist Stu Denenberg writes.
Several options exist for downtown
Pedestrian mall just one idea that could be good for city's economic future, according to columnist Paul Grasso.
Government can't create success on its own
It takes a grass-roots community effort of people working together to assure future accomplishment, according to columnist Colin Read.
Farmers strive for sustainability
Conserving the land and assuring long-term profitability are two of the key goals for farmers these days, according to columnist Peter Hagar.
- Lefebvre slugs home run, Clinton falls twice A long two-run home run by Marcus Lefebvre was one of the few highlights of the day for the Clinton Community College baseball team.
Errors plague Cardinals in back-to-back losses
The Plattsburgh State softball team gave up a combined eight unearned runs in a SUNYAC doubleheader at Buffalo State. The Cardinals dropped back-to-back games.
- Leddy's complete-game shutout gives Doorey 300th win The Plattsburgh State baseball team split with The College at Brockport Saturday. With a win in the second of two games, the Cardinals gave coach Kris Doorey his 300th win.
- More Sunday Headlines
- Police Log: April 13, 2014