Larry Cromie records golf ace
PERU — Larry Cromie of West Chazy scored a hole-in-one Saturday at Adirondack Golf & Country Club, registering an ace on the 127-yard eighth hole.
Tim Tedford, Michael Dann and Zachary T. Smart witnessed the gem.
Flatt, Marsden win ‘Folds’ golf tourney
PERU — Terry Flatt and Geoff Marsden defeated Tim O’Connell and Randy Rock in a playoff for the Men’s Division championship in the 2013 Folds of Honor Golf Tournament at Adirondack Golf & Country Club.
Cornelia Forrence and Phoebe Sturm scored a 2-stroke victory over Sue Stefanik and Kim Rabideau in the Women’s Division.
The tournament raised approximately $13,000 for the Veterans’ Foundation.
1. Terry Flatt-Geoff Marsden 62-04-58
2. Tim O’Connell-Randy Rock 68-10-58
3. Sal Mercurio-Nadim Dergham 67-08-59
4. Jay LePage-Ron McGee 67-07-60
5. John Annis-Brenda Manchester 68-08-60
6. Dr. Soham Patel-Dwight Brown 70-10-60
7. Loren Latulipe-Bill Giroux 66-05-61
8. Eric LaBounty-Mike Trombley 66-05-61
9. Steve LeFevre-John Marlow 71-10-61
10. Dave Jabaut-Willie King 67-05-62
11. Ike Tyler-Pauli Salerno 68-06-62
1. Cornelia Forrence-Phoebe Sturm 70-07-63
2. Sue Stefanik-Kim Rabideau 75-10-65
3. Stephanie Rovers-Carol Dandrow 77-11-66
4. Gale Carroll-Alice Sample 78-11-67
5. Dot Ducatte-Dinah Ducatte 86-17-69
6. Sue Daul-Barbara Douglas 89-18-71
TICONDEROGA — There is a correction in the scoring for the girls’ soccer game between Seton Catholic and Ticonderoga played on Thursday. Seton Catholic won the game 3-1.
Ashley Carpenter scored two goals to go with one assist while Paige Spittler recorded one goal with two assists.
PLATTSBURGH — Plattsburgh Youth Hockey is holding evaluations for its Squirt A team. Players must be born in either 2003 or 2004 and registered with PYH and USA Hockey.
Evaluations will be held Sept. 9 and Sept. 11 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at AC North. The fee for the evaluations is $20.
PORT HENRY — The Moriah Country Club will host the VFW Wounded Warrior four-person scramble at 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 14.
Entry fees are $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Prizes, food and music will take place after the tourney at VFW Post #5802. Three places will be paid depending on the number of teams.
For more information, call 546-9979.