ROBERT E. GARDNER, 84, of West Chazy, died Thursday, August 29, 2013, at the St. Alban's Health and Rehab Center. He was born May 9, 1929, in Altona, the son of Patrick and Malvine Gardner. A memorial service will be celebrated at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 5, at the Ross Funeral Home in Mooers. Arrangements are in the care of the Ross Funeral Home, 2586 Route 11, Mooers.
- Raymond Thatcher dies after heart surgery Well-known and much respected, the Ticonderoga man was Essex County Emergency Services director from 1990 to 2008.
- Daha fire still probed Fire investigators have wrapped up the on-site investigation of the fatal house fire in Moriah Center.
- County public hearing on proposed budget mild Clinton County legislators are set to approve spending plan at their next meeting.
- Stafford Middle School hosts Grandparents' Day Students welcomed their grandfathers and grandmothers to share snacks, pose for photos and hear poetry written especially for them.
- Christmas comes to AuSable Forks Many holiday activities today lead up to the tree lighting in Clock Park.
New trails open at Fort Ti
Visitors to Fort Ticonderoga can now hike and canoe the national historic landmark's grounds and waterways.
Of Interest: June 29, 2013
Take a brief look at news of note around the North Country.
- Of Interest: Dec. 7, 2013 Take a brief look at news of note from around the North Country.
- Of Interest: Dec. 8, 2013 Take a brief look at news of note from around the North Country.
- Police Log: Dec. 7, 2013. Plattsburgh man charged with DWI; Burke man charged with DWI; North Bangor man charged with burglary; Plattsburgh man charged with burglary; Dickinson man charged with burglary; Malone man charged with prison contraband possession; Malone man charged with prison contraband possession
- More Saturday Headlines