DWAYNE J. BESAW, 59, of the River Road, Peru, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at the CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh. He was born in Plattsburgh, Oct. 21, 1953, the son of Edward and Ethel (Parish) Besaw. Calling hours will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 18, at the Hamilton Funeral Home, 294 Mannix Road, Peru. Burial will be private in St. Augustine's Cemetery in Peru. Arrangements are in the care of the Hamilton Funeral Home, 294 Mannix Road, Peru.
- Camp Hamachane opening pushed to 2015 New owners of Camp Gabriels prison cite legal snag, not enough time to complete work for this camp season.
- Essex County tries to resolve auction issue Negotiations will continue on a counteroffer on Frontier Town from Essex County.
- Teen lost hand, sight in one eye in campfire accident But Ryan Gunning's quick thinking and actions by friends proved life-saving.
- Mental-health leader reflects on changes, goals Sherrie Gillette retiring from job as director of the Clinton County Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- On Course: July 5, 2014 Educational opportunities around the North Country.
New trails open at Fort Ti
Visitors to Fort Ticonderoga can now hike and canoe the national historic landmark's grounds and waterways.
Of Interest: June 29, 2013
Take a brief look at news of note around the North Country.
Police Log: July 5, 2014
Plattsburgh man accused of burglarizing Domino's; Plattsburgh man charged with felony following alleged domestic dispute; former Plattsburgh woman charged with disability benefits fraud.
- Rouses Point group setting stage for summer events 'Friends of the Stage' to host various festivities
- Analyzing our relationship with GPS "Gladys" has become attuned to the strange traveling patterns of our family circus, columnist Mary White writes.
- More Saturday Headlines