ANDREW "ANDY" T. FACTEAU, 85, of Facteau Road, Saranac, died Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at Fletcher Allen Heathcare in Burlington, Vt. He was born in Saranac on Jan. 9, 1927, the son of Ovid and Lena (Collins) Facteau Sr. Calling hours are 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, at the Brown Funeral Home, 29 Broad St., Plattsburgh. A Mass of Christian burial will be at 10 a.m. Monday, at Church of the Assumption in Redford. Burial will follow in the parish cemetery.
- Three seek Port Henry trustee seats Candidates for Village Board want to improve their community.
- Former SUNY student pleads guilty to assault in AXP case Abuse that fight was based on apparently never happened, Plattsburgh City Police chief says.
- Family displaced after Chazy house fire The cause of the blaze at 256 Trombly Lane remained under investigation Friday.
- Students attend North Country Model U.N. Several area schools are represented at the simulation event, hosted by Northeastern Clinton Central School.
- Fire damages Dannemora redemption center Crews from six fire departments responded to the blaze.
New trails open at Fort Ti
Visitors to Fort Ticonderoga can now hike and canoe the national historic landmark's grounds and waterways.
Of Interest: June 29, 2013
Take a brief look at news of note around the North Country.
- Daylight-saving time tradeoff Missing that hour of sleep is worth it, some P-R Facebook readers say.
- Hogansburg man charged with sex abuse Bail for Victor P. Oakes is set at $5,000.
- On Course: March 8, 2014. Check out educational opportunities around the North Country.
- More Saturday Headlines