WILLIAM E. "BILL" HOFFMAN, 84, Maiden Lane, Peru, N.Y., died on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, at CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh. He was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. on March 31, 1928, the son of Frank and Elizabeth (Ajer) Hoffmann. At Bill's request, there will be no public calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at a date and time to be announced at St. Augustine's Church in Peru. A full obituary will appear in the Press Republican. Arrangements have been entrusted to Brown Funeral Home, 29 Broad St.,Plattsburgh.
- Appeals Court upholds conviction of murderer Court upholds his conviction in double murder of Schuyler Falls couple.
- Locals react to NY SAFE Act ruling Legislation introduced to quickly regulate weapons in response to a violent event is missing the underlying cause, one local resident says.
- Cross-border agencies team up to promote safe driving With more motorists on the road, serious accidents tend to increase in the spring and summer months, authorities said at press conference in Lacolle.
- Local BPW names Young Careerist Emily Owens of College for Every Student is the Champlain Valley Business and Professional Women's 2014 Virginia Allan award winner.
- Willsboro Zoning Ordinance panel named Public input to be sought throughout process of amending the Zoning Ordinance and map.
New trails open at Fort Ti
Visitors to Fort Ticonderoga can now hike and canoe the national historic landmark's grounds and waterways.
Of Interest: June 29, 2013
Take a brief look at news of note around the North Country.
- On Course: April 19, 2014 Check out educational opportunities around the North Country.
- Of Interest: April 19, 2014 Take a look at brief news of note from around the North Country.
- Police Log: April 18, 2014 Plattsburgh man charged with car theft
- More Saturday Headlines