FRANCES M. WINE, 90, of Horace Nye Home in Elizabethtown, died Tuesday, July 9. She was born July 18, 1922, in Camden, Maine, the daughter of Sidney and Beatrice (Myers) Jones. No calling hours will be held. A memorial Mass will be conducted at noon on Monday, July 15, by Father Patrick O'Riely, at Uilein Mercy Center in Lake Placid. A military graveside memorial service will be held at 2 p.m., Monday at the Essex County Veterans Cemetery in Westport N.Y. W.M.Marvins Sons Funeral Home in Elizabethtown is in charge of arrangements.
- CVPH recognized for cardiac services Hospital was recently named among America's best for cardiac services.
- Benefit to be held for Ashley Poissant Champlain benefit to be held for the children of Ashley Poissant
- City to study future growth Plattsburgh will do an in-depth study on vision and plans, funded by state grant.
- Flood-buyout plans move ahead Malone's application for help for Lower Park Street homeowners tops out at $750,000.
- Taking prescriptions off the streets Take Back Day offers safe disposal of drugs.
- Lake Placid woman charged with arson Police say Stephanie L. Brier used beer can and lighter fluid to try to set a mobile home on fire in North Elba.
- Community Calendar: April 25, 2014 A look at upcoming events, meals, meetings, talks and more.
- Of Interest: April 25, 2014 Take a look at brief news of note around the North Country.
- Police Log: April 25, 2014 Gloversville, N.Y. teen charged with sale of controlled substance; Crown Point man charged with weapon possession; Plattsburgh teen charged with assault; Essex woman charged with criminal contempt; Chateaugay man charged with grand larceny; Schenectady woman charged with assault
Joining together in praise
Malone Catholic Parishes will become St. Andre Bessette Parish in July.
- More Friday Headlines