BREWSTER- A funeral service for Marion H. Brewster, 94, who passed away on Sunday, Nov 11, 2012, at Meadowbrook Healthcare Facility was held on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at Our Lady of Victory Church in Plattsburgh. Rev. William Reamer, Pastor, celebrated a Mass of Christian Burial. Urn Bearer was Kortney Brewster. Pallbearers were Marc Mero, Rob Mero, Hal Mero and Kortney Brewster. Reading were done by Sr. Brenda Brady, R.S.M., and Hal Mero. Music was provided by Elizabeth "Buffy" Little. Eileen Beach and Dr. Brenda Brady presented the Gifts. Burial followed in St. Peter's Cemetery where Rev. Reamer recited committal prayers, followed by full military honors. The R. W. Walker Funeral Home, 69 Court Street, Plattsburgh is in charge of arrangements
- North Stars battling for first place in EFL Plattsburgh visits the Watertown Red and Black on Saturday.
- Two locals charged with drug sale, possession The men were already in jail when they were arrested on new charges.
Expanded involvement in task force on oil trains eyed
Group will also include representatives from the county and towns that also deal with train routes.
- Police: North Bangor fire an arson Fire was the third blaze the Bangor Volunteer Fire Department responded to within 12 hours.
- Threat spurs tourism panel to action Firm will study Franklin County's tourism assets.
- NYC man charged with grand larceny State Police say Joseph I. Atuana wrote a check off a business account he wasn't authorized to use.
Minerva budget fails for third time
Minerva Central School must now adopt a stringent contingency budget for 2014-15.
Firefighters hurt battling Malone blaze
Fire also damages home in North Bangor.
Police: Embezzlement led to murder-suicide
Investigation of February tragedy showed Wayne C. Cashman, who killed his wife then himself, had feared crime would be exposed, authorities say.
Police: Plattsburgh man had sexual relations with minor
Vincent E. VanValkenburg, 19, is due back in court Aug. 5.
- More Friday Headlines