CINCINNATI (AP) — A judge's offer to allow an Ohio drug defendant the chance to stay out of prison if he'd give up marijuana might have just gone up in smoke. Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Melba Marsh says she was astonished by the response from 19-year-old Damaine Mitchell on Wednesday. The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Thursday that Mitchell told the judge he likes smoking weed and staying off it so he could stay out of prison would be "a challenge." He told the judge he could try to quit but made a request: Could he "at least get one more joint in?" The judge quickly said no. She wants Mitchell back in court next week before she decides what to do with his trafficking case. A message left for Mitchell's attorney hasn't been returned.
- Offbeat Crime News
- NO to reconsider ban throwing objects at floats
- Pony back with circus after Christmas kidnap
- Mich. inmate plucked from garden gets 2 more years
- Honor among thieves: Robber gives ex-con a pass
- Police: RI man's fake $100 bills had wrong face
San Francisco nudists sue to block proposed ban
Suit claims the proposed ordinance would violate the civil rights of people who want to bare their bodies for personal or political reasons.
- Ohio drug defendant asks judge for 1 more joint
- Utah city settles with man who flipped off officer
Woman’s reputation hurt when wrong photo released in theft case
Three weeks ago, police released a bank surveillance photo of a woman with a “Believe” tattoo on her chest who appears to be making a withdrawal from an ATM using a stolen debit card.
VIDEO: Woman sentenced to wearing "Idiot" sign
A woman in Cleveland has been sentenced to wear an "I am an Idiot" sign for two days for driving past a school bus stop sign. She was caught on camera by the bus driver who set up a sting operation.
- More Offbeat Crime News Headlines