HOW TO SUBMIT NEWS TO THE PRESS-REPUBLICAN
News releases about businesses should be sent to Business Coordinator Bruce Rowland. This includes news about expansions, promotions and employee training. They will appear in Business Spotlight in Sunday’s newspaper.
Phone: (518) 565-4137
Fax: (518) 561-3362
P.O. Box 459
170 Margaret Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
TIPS ON WRITING NEWS RELEASES
1) Type or print clearly.
2) Make sure you have answered all these questions:
What is the event.
Who is holding the event.
When will it be held: date and time
Where will the event be held.
Why: If it’s a benefit, say what the money will be used for.
Cost: If there is any charge for your event, be sure to include the amount.
3) Be sure all names are included in full and that they are spelled correctly.
4) Give the name and phone number for a contact person we can call if we have a question about the news release.
5) Be short and to the point. We get more than 100 releases each day and just don’t have space for long news releases. Most releases are shortened or altered to fit our news style. Pertinent information will be kept in.
6) If the news release is about a specific event, the event must be open to the public. We can’t run notices of events that are open to club members only. And the release must reach the Press-Republican at least one week before your event is held. The earlier it is sent, the more times it will appear in the Community Calendar.