Endocrinologist to leave Plattsburgh
Fletcher Allen will provide services at CVPH on a biweekly basis until replacement for Dr. Steven Leveston is recruited.
Gillibrand touts paid Family Medical Leave Act
Funded by employers and wage earners, it would provide up to 12 weeks of paid medical leave for care of a family member. INCLUDES VIDEO
- Health Notes: Feb. 18, 2014 Take a look at health-and-fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
Hospital gets OK to move cardiac surgery
Department of Health gives nod to shift CVPH program to Fletcher Allen.
CVPH plans residency program
The Champlain Valley Family Medicine Residency would be supported by Fletcher Allen Heath Care and the University of Vermont.
CVPH alters visiting policy due to illness
A higher incidence of the respiratory ailment has prompted the Plattsburgh hospital to ban children younger than 16 from the Alice T. Miner Center for Women and Children.
Ancient practices, modern application
Essex physical therapist Brian Trzaskos incorporates qigong, tai chi into clients' rehabilitation plans
- Health Notes: Feb. 11, 2014 Take a look at health-and-fitness-related news of note around the North Country.
- Youth smoking targeted in North Country Kendra Gertsch of the Adirondack Tobacco Free Network visits North Country stores, asking them to remove tobacco products from the view of children.
- Essex County aims to clear the air The Health Department will work with big businesses to help establish no-smoking initiatives.
- More Health Headlines
- Endocrinologist to leave Plattsburgh