Vandals wreck 75 headstones in Saranac cemetery
Police are investigating the daytime raid in the pre-Civil War era burial ground.
Encampment, festival this weekend
The Almanzo and Laura Ingalls Wilder Association is hosting a variety of events Saturday and Sunday at the family homestead in Burke.
- WWII POW recalls capture, German Stalag Luft 1 Robert Munn of Cliff Haven bailed out of a B-17 over Leipzig in 1944.
Sweet success: The Wild Center sugarmakers win funding
The Community Maple Program draws interest to rich maple sugaring heritage in the Adirondacks.
- Big crowds expected for parade today The Battle of Plattsburgh Commemoration continues with historic tours, a bateau race, a battle re-enactment and more.
- Plattsburgh's JFK to travel with Honor Flight John F. Kennedy, who met the president by almost the same name many years ago, will visit the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C., on Saturday with 31 other local veterans.
- Fireworks close today's Battle of Plattsburgh events Check out the many offerings of the commemoration, which runs through Sunday.
- Locals commemorate 9/11 anniversary Rabbi Dr. Kari Tuling of Temple Beth Israel in Plattsburgh always phones a certain childhood chum on Sept. 11, for that friend survived the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City.
- Go back in time at Battle of Plattsburgh events The annual commemoration is heating up.
Memorial, concert planned for tonight
Battle of Plattsburgh Commemoration continues through Sunday, with events every.
- More History Headlines
- Vandals wreck 75 headstones in Saranac cemetery