- College Sports
PSU baseball team splits with Fredonia
The Cardinals won the first game 3-1 but struggled in the second game.
- Season-high 15 runs power Cards past Allegheny in softball Plattsburgh State recorded a split for the second straight day.
- Mental game key for Aveson Plattsburgh State goalie Sydney Aveson is having an outstanding senior season.
- Cards start SUNYAC season in Florida The Plattsburgh State baseball team is scheduled to play three games against Fredonia this weekend.
- Moss fires 1-hitter, helps Cardinals to first win The Plattsburgh State softball team defeated Eastern Connecticut State before falling to Fontbonne University.
- Cardinals fall short of Camels in lacrosse Connecticut College defeated Plattsburgh State 8-7.
Cardinals avoid sweep with comeback win
After dropping two games to Wisconsin-Stout, the Plattsburgh State baseball team rallied to beat McDaniel College and avoid a three-game sweep.
- Plattsburgh State splits in baseball Cardinals come back to defeat Plymouth State in Game 2 of doubleheader.
- Cardinals suffer close calls in softball Plattsburgh State women lose two one-run decisions in Florida.
- NCAA Div. 3 tournaments The semifinal pairings for men's, women's basketball, hockey.
- Vakos sends Cardinals to final four Plattsburgh State heads back to the NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Championship final four with a victory over Williams in the quarterfinals.
- PSU baseball breaks into the win column Cardinals grab first win of the season as they begin their Florida trip at the Gene Cusic Classic.
- Cardinals drop two to open season Plattsburgh State softball dropped a pair of games in Florida as it opened its season.
- Plattsburgh State lacrosse holds off Haverford Cardinals withstand a three-goal fourth from Haverford to tally a nonconference lacrosse victory.
- Lord Jeffs end Cardinals' season for second straight year Plattsburgh State falls in the third round of the men's NCAA Division III basketball tournament to reigning champion Amherst. The Cardinals finished their season with 24 wins.
- Plattsburgh State women host Williams in NCAA Div. III hockey The Cardinals look to return to the NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Championships final four, but need a victory over the Ephs tonight in the first round.
- Manning, Perez helped lead Cardinals through adversity Plattsburgh State has had an unbelievable season, but it has had to overcome some adversity along the way, and seniors Chris Manning and John Perez have helped pull the Cardinals through.
- Three named to SUNYAC teams from PSU men's hockey Alex Jensen and Barry Roytman named to First Team, while Mathieu Cadieux lands on Second Team in SUNYAC men's hockey.
- Damm leads PSU LAX over Morrisville Brendan Damm tallied seven points to lead Plattsburgh State over Morrisville State in men's college lacrosse.
- Cards set to face returning champion Amherst Plattsburgh State, after winning its first two rounds of the NCAA Division III men's basketball tournament, will take on last season's champion Amherst, which defeated the Cardinals in the tournament a season ago.
Cardinal women go West again to reach NCAAs
Down a goal to Elmira College in the third period Sunday afternoon, Plattsburgh State women responded to the challenge with a 4-3 victory, earning them a berth in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
- Farmingdale keeps Cardinals winless Plattsburgh State baseball team heads to Florida 0-4 on the season.
- Cardinals pick up win on road in lacrosse Plattsburgh State men improve to 3-1 with victory over Western Connecticut State.
- Castleton ends Cards' NCAA run in OT Plattsburgh State held an 18-point lead at the half, but the Spartans rallied to take the lead and captured the victory in OT in the women's NCAA Division III tournament.
- Plattsburgh State defeats Warriors, moves into field of 16 Cardinals overcome halftime deficit to take down Eastern Connecticut State in the second round of the men's NCAA Division III basketball tournament.
- More College Sports Headlines
- PSU baseball team splits with Fredonia