September 1, 2013

Villemaires score three for Beekmantown

CHAZY — Following a scoreless first half, Kallie Villemaire scored two goals within a five-minute span early in the second half to power Beekmantown past Chazy 3-1 Saturday in the Mary Latremore Be The Match girls’ soccer tournament.

Kinnan Latremore’s goal on a penalty kick pulled Chazy to within one at the 11:15, but Kirstin Villemaire added an insurance marker at 28:38 for Beekmantown.

For all the high school sports news...

High School Sports Magazine


Courtney Wilson, Lindsey Gonyea and Kiley Regan all added assists for Beekmantown, which held a 28-20 shot advantage.

Wilson assisted on the first Kallie Villemaire goal, which came on a header. Villemaire then took a thru ball from Gonyea on her second goal.

Kirstin Villemaire’s first varsity goal came when she took a throw-in and the ball went back to her before she sent a long shot into the net.

Both goaltenders — Beekmantown’s Lauren O’Connor and Chazy’s Logan Baker — had 18 saves.

“The way the point system worked, we ended up winning the tournament,” Beekmantown coach Peter Bursik said. “We played outstanding defense in both games and we possessed the ball well.

“For Chazy, their goaltender and Hannah Laurin played well.”

Beekmantown 3, Chazy 1

Beekmantown 0 3 — 3

Chazy 0 1 — 1

Second half- 1, Beek, Ka. Villemaire (Wilson), 4:09. 2, Beek, Ka. Villemaire (Gonyea), 9:42. 3, C, Latremore pk, 11:15. 4, Beek, Ki. Villemaire (Regan), 28:38.

Shots: Beekmantown 28, Chazy 20.

Saves: Baker, C, 18. O’Connor, Beek, 18.


Margaret Mitchell’s goal, off a Rachel Sheldrick assist, came at 13:21 of the second half and pulled the Indians into a tie.

Watertown-Immaculate Heart opened the scoring on Chanrisse Lapointe’s goal with 8:38 gone in the second stanza.

Kara Barber made 13 saves in net for Peru and Skylar Short seven stops for Immaculate Heart. Watertown finished with a 16-10 shot advantage.

“IHC outplayed us in the first half and halfway through the second half,” Peru coach Tom Harrigan said. “It was a tough last 10 minutes for both teams.”

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local Sports