PLATTSBURGH — Jason Durgan of Plattsburgh drove to his first career win in the 30-lap Ernie’s Tools Modified Saturday at Airborne Speedway. His Lake Champlain Roofing/US Border Patrol No. 17 was the class of the field all night. He won his heat race handily, and then, in the Haun Welding main event, took an early lead from the outside pole and drew away from Leon Gonyo on two late race restarts. Gonyo held off fast-closing Alain Boisvert for second. Point leader Patrick Dupree of Saranac Lake was fourth. Martin Roy of Napierville, Que. finished fifth.
Robin Wood of Plattsburgh started third in the J&S; Steel Sportsman 25-lap feature and took the lead for keeps from Jamy Begor on lap three. But after post-race inspection, apparent second-place finisher Tylor Terry of Morrisonville was awarded the win. Point leader Bucko Branham raced from mid-pack and was scored in second. Richie Turner and Jamy Begor battled back and forth to finish third and fourth, respectively. Chris reeves wound up fifth.
Joe Daniels won a Renegade thriller that saw four drivers take turns in the lead. Dan Dubuque led the charge much of the way, but got spun out in close quarters with six laps to go. Daniels lasted through two restarts in the final three laps, once against Mike Criss, and then with Dave Rabtoy. Rabtoy and Nick Heywood made contact and spun a lap later, which opened the door for Lance Rabtoy to claim runner-up honors. Criss moved back up into third. Robert Gordon and Lonnie Rivers completed the top five.
Randy Martin of Plattsburgh won for the second time in the Monster Energy Bomber class. Speedy Bresette of Plattsburgh and Tim Gadway placed second and third. Bobby Lavair of Gabriels won the NAPA Warrior main. Butch Lamere and Tom Santillo were next in line.
2008 Point Standings
1. Patrick Dupree, Saranac Lake 218
2. Martin Roy, Napierville, Que 214
3. Mike Bruno, Castleton, Vt. 193
4. Leon Gonyo, Chazy 176
5. Matt Woodruff, Bloomingdale 158
1. Bucko Branham, Plattsburgh 214
2. Shawn Duquette, Morrisonville 194
3. Toby Ebersole, Peru 180
4. Chris Reeves, Plattsburgh 177
5. Jamy Begor, Mooers 172
5. Richie Turner, Fairfax, Vt. 172
1. Lance Rabtoy, Fairfax, Vt. 206
2. Lonnie Rivers, Morrisonville 202
3. Robert Gordon, Milton, Vt. 180
4. Nick Heywood, Peru 178
5. Dave Rabtoy, Swanton, Vt. 172
1. Butch Lamere, Plattsburgh 208
2. Rick Doner, Ausable Forks 196
3. Tom Santillo, Peru 196
4. Justin Doner, Keeseville 189
5. Bobby Lavair, Gabriels 181
1. Brock Begore, Ellenburg 220
2. Randy Martin, Plattsburgh 204
3. Eric Reyell, West Chazy 202
4. Tim Gadway, Plattsburgh 170
5. Chad Collins, Morrisonville 159