TO THE EDITOR: I am running for my seat on the Board of Fire Commissioners, which I have proudly held for the past six years.
The last four years I have served as vice chairman of that board.
In my second year as commissioner, I introduced an old style of budget that was adopted and saw an increase in the overall budget of less than $300 from the previous year.
In that same year, I ran a 911 project that had five parts to it:
- Elimination of the only remaining Fire Protection District in the Town of Black Brook.
- Introducing amendments to the Essex County 911 Law made to Essex County Board of Supervisors (Those amendments that were agreed upon, still sitting in the Essex County DAS office since 2008).
- Reaching out to the worst areas in my district for 911 number display and private road signage.
- Selling 911 address signs to residential and business properties inside my district.
- Placing 911 directional signs at all intersections inside my district that shows which direction the 911 numbers go from that point (still in progress).
I work very hard with the other board members to ensure your fire tax remains affordable for all and see to it that our fire personnel have whatever equipment they need so they can continue to provide the level of service that you have come accustomed to.
To be eligible to vote, you must live inside the AuSable Forks Fire District and be a registered voter. The election is 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 11 at the AuSable Forks Fire Department.
I thank you for your support.
KEVIN R. ZAUMETZER
Board of Fire Commissioners
AuSable Forks Fire District
TO THE EDITOR: The Brandon Sorrell Memorial Scholarship Foundation Committee and his family would like to thank the community for its continued support.