Editorial: Gratitude for what counts
Today is about what really matters in life.
- Editorial: Beware ripoffs while shopping While some North Country residents would never consider setting foot in a store on Thanksgiving, thousands of other local people are already planning their annual "Black Friday" shopping strategy.
- Editorial: Toronto mayor needs to resign Toronto's embattled mayor, Rob Ford, still won't leave his post despite embarrassing missteps of his own creation since May.
Editorial: Self-censorship is the only way
Here's encouraging news: A recent poll says young people these days are using fewer slurs and insults on social media.
- Editorial: Kennedy, Lincoln and carrying on Two vivid milestones in American history reached notable anniversaries this week.
Editorial: Priority for school quandary
Plattsburgh City School Board faces a difficult decision: Does it switch teachers to Plan B health insurance without negotiating the change?
- Editorial: Fire planning at its best Massive Schluter Systems fire damage could have been worse if not for advanced planning.
- Editorial: New state role after tax cap The crucial effort by the City of Plattsburgh to rebuild South Catherine Street points up the new irony in local government in New York state: A city can't afford an expensive project because the state won't allow extra spending. So the state has to pay for the project.
Editorial: Private rooms best for patients
People who are in the hospital for serious illness would never describe their accommodations as luxurious, but if anything comes close, it would be the new R4 at CVPH Medical Center.
- Editorial: Recovering from lost funding Times are challenging for small museums in New York state.
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: Gratitude for what counts