Editorial: Income taxes, our civic duty
People are getting ready to do one of their most important -- and least liked -- duties as Americans: File income-tax returns.
- Editorial: No excuse for some pollution Some of us can remember those days of ignorance before we came to an understanding of what trash, junk and assorted other refuse being buried in Mother Earth was doing to her.
- Editorial: The winter of our discontent These days, people are feeling lucky to have jobs. And, this winter, they're feeling especially lucky if those jobs are inside.
- Editorial: College for inmates goes too far Most people would agree that it's better for inmates to get an education, instead of just staring at the walls.
Editorial: Farewell to daily 'Doonesbury'
Back in 1978, the Press-Republican conducted a routine newspaper readership survey and discovered that "Doonesbury," the now-venerated, Pulitzer Prize-winning daily comic strip, was one of the least-read features in the paper.
Editorial: Energy conservation, alternatives needed
Plattsburgh's Municipal Lighting Department has warned its customers that the extreme cold of the past couple of months means that higher bills are on the way.
- Editorial: Consider hosting Fresh Air child People who have lived here for years will remember when the Fresh Air buses used to roll into a parking lot at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Editorial: Free fun awaits area families Finding something fun to do around here doesn't always have to cost money.
- Editorial: Planes, lights can be dangerous mix Can you imagine that people must be warned not to shine bright lights from the ground into the cockpits of moving planes?
Editorial: Olympics skews news judgment
Viewers of nightly network news telecasts can hardly avoid noticing the overwhelming percentage of coverage NBC devotes to the Olympic Games going on in Sochi, Russia.
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: Income taxes, our civic duty