Editorial: Casinos a windfall
Voters in New York state are going to be asked at the polls this November whether they want four new casinos to be built in three regions: the Catskills, the Capital District and the Finger Lakes — two in one of those areas.
Editorial: The foliage advantage
Foliage season is bringing bursts of color to our region — and bursts of tourists along with that.
- Editorial: Sales tax paints pretty picture If you think it's no big deal that Clinton County has collected almost $3.2 million in sales tax over what was expected the first three quarters of this year, you haven't spent much time deliberating over government finances.
- Editorial: Get to know local candidates People in the North Country have many avenues to get informed before Election Day. All they have to do is make the effort.
Editorial: Boater-safety law goes too far
New York state is a little over-zealous in making anyone who wants to operate a motor boat pass an eight-hour safety course.
- Editorial: Rally to save Chateaugay prison North Country residents will get an opportunity on Saturday to show support for saving prison set for closure next year.
Editorial: Designated drivers doing the job
Could it be that people have at last gotten the message on the dangers of drunken driving?
Editorial: State serious about texting law
New York state isn't kidding about the danger of texting while driving. If you're caught, penalties are severe.
- Editorial: Help available on insurance plans Today is the first day of open enrollment for New York state's health-insurance exchange, and one word best describes the situation from the perspective of citizens: confusion.
Editorial: Election letter deadline is Oct. 23
This will be one of the most interesting election seasons in years around here.
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: Casinos a windfall