- Editorial: Federal oversight becomes a must All of a sudden, there is a fierce public debate over electronic cigarettes, ostensibly created to help ease smokers off the real, tobacco ones.
- Editorial: The legacy of George Poitras It is unusual for the Press-Republican to devote an editorial to the achievements of a recently deceased North County citizen, for fear of giving too much weight to the contributions of one individual and none to others who are equally deserving.
- Editorial: Memorial Day is a day to remember Memorial Day has evolved since its inception just after the Civil War.
Editorial: Repeal state Scaffold Law
New York state has yet to address one of its archaic and erosive labor laws -- despite proddings again and again from newspapers and activist groups -- while declaring loudly that it wants to do all it can to attract new businesses and industries.
- Editorial: Life-saving service by city's MLD Plattsburgh's Municipal Lighting Department is embarked on an unpleasant but certainly necessary assignment in the routine conduct of its business.
Editorial: Rangers there in worst of times
When a state trooper stops a speeder on the Northway, the outcome of the arrest could be daunting and potentially life-threatening.
- Editorial: Vote today on school budgets If you don't vote today, you have no right to gripe if you aren't happy with how money is spent at your school district.
Editorial: Sound past; cautious future
The state has affirmed that former Plattsburgh Mayor Don Kasprzak, current Mayor Jim Calnon and the previous city Common Council took good care of the city's finances.
Editorial: Vietnam hero photos sought
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Foundation, continuing its mission to honor service members killed in the Vietnam War, is expanding its reach and is asking for the public's help.
Editorial: Sale cancellation shorts taxpayers
The Essex County Board of Supervisors has made a decision that has us baffled.
- More Editorial Headlines