Editorial: Energy conservation, alternatives needed
Plattsburgh's Municipal Lighting Department has warned its customers that the extreme cold of the past couple of months means that higher bills are on the way.
- Editorial: Consider hosting Fresh Air child People who have lived here for years will remember when the Fresh Air buses used to roll into a parking lot at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Editorial: Free fun awaits area families Finding something fun to do around here doesn't always have to cost money.
- Editorial: Planes, lights can be dangerous mix Can you imagine that people must be warned not to shine bright lights from the ground into the cockpits of moving planes?
Editorial: Olympics skews news judgment
Viewers of nightly network news telecasts can hardly avoid noticing the overwhelming percentage of coverage NBC devotes to the Olympic Games going on in Sochi, Russia.
- Editorial: Secure welfare from overt abuse There's little more galling to the average law-abiding, self-sufficient citizen than welfare fraud.
- Editorial: Allow limited vet tax break One by one, school boards around the North Country are voting on whether to grant a new veterans exemption.
- Editorial: Hollow gesture, or important one? What's in a name? Plenty, apparently.
Editorial: A lesson very well learned
George Santayana, the renowned Spanish philosopher, essayist, poet and novelist from the 19th and 20th centuries, said, "Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it."
- Editorial: Get involved now in school budgets Schools will pass their 2014-15 budgets in May. Don't wait until then to let them know what you want and don't want included.
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: Energy conservation, alternatives needed