Editorial: This time, will they listen?
Smokers hate to be told, and many of them will continue to ignore it, but another report -- this one from the surgeon general -- finds that inhaling tobacco smoke causes even more damage than previously documented.
Cheers and Jeers: Jan. 20, 2014
JEERS to the Clinton County Legislature for discussing committee assignments behind closed doors. CHEERS to people who go out of their way to put things right.
Editorial: Safeguarding our kids at school
Area schools may want to find a way to return resource officers to their hallways if it can be done cost effectively.
- Editorial: Firm up process of tax donations The New York State Legislature had a great idea in 1982: Create a quick, easy, painless way for income-tax payers to contribute to a worthy cause by letting them designate a small amount of money from their state tax refund as a contribution.
- Editorial: When, when not, to call 911 Everyone knows you aren't supposed to call 911 when you don't have a real emergency. But people might not be calling when they should.
Editorial: Reduce carbon before it's too late
If the scientists haven't yet convinced you that man-made global warming is a grave menace to our planet, at least concede this: Basic reason tells us carbon dioxide being released into the atmosphere can't be good for anybody.
Editorial: Updated look for Press-Republican
It's a new look for a new era.
- Editorial: Heartfelt loss to community In 2006, CVPH Medical Center opened -- to great fanfare and after considerable expense -- its open-heart surgery program.
- Editorial: Working on gun regulation Controversies arise, in a democracy, when legitimate rights and interests collide.
- Editorial: Lessons from the Ice Storm Bone-chilling cold. Tree-crackling ice. Mounds of crispy snow.
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: This time, will they listen?