Editorial: Support IP pipeline
Some people across the lake don't want Vermont Gas Systems to build a pipeline that would supply International Paper's Ticonderoga mill with natural gas.
- Editorial: Expectations of police officers Does anybody ever stop and think about what police officers do for us -- and have to do for themselves at the same time?
Editorial: Weigh raising speed limit
Back in 1995, interviewers on Mountain Lake Television's weekly news show "Behind the Headlines" asked Peter Person, commander of New York State Police Troop B, what the "real" speed limit was on the Northway, since the legal limit had just been raised from 55 to 65 mph.
Editorial: Casinos a windfall
Voters in New York state are going to be asked at the polls this November whether they want four new casinos to be built in three regions: the Catskills, the Capital District and the Finger Lakes — two in one of those areas.
Editorial: The foliage advantage
Foliage season is bringing bursts of color to our region — and bursts of tourists along with that.
- Editorial: Sales tax paints pretty picture If you think it's no big deal that Clinton County has collected almost $3.2 million in sales tax over what was expected the first three quarters of this year, you haven't spent much time deliberating over government finances.
- Editorial: Get to know local candidates People in the North Country have many avenues to get informed before Election Day. All they have to do is make the effort.
Editorial: Boater-safety law goes too far
New York state is a little over-zealous in making anyone who wants to operate a motor boat pass an eight-hour safety course.
- Editorial: Rally to save Chateaugay prison North Country residents will get an opportunity on Saturday to show support for saving prison set for closure next year.
Editorial: Designated drivers doing the job
Could it be that people have at last gotten the message on the dangers of drunken driving?
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: Support IP pipeline