- Editorial: Opportunities going untapped New York state is doing what it can to encourage and enable women and minorities to succeed in business, but, in this region anyway, the effort isn't being taken advantage of.
- Editorial: Fred Phelps's legacy of hate The Rev. Fred Phelps was a role model -- for how a person of faith should not behave.
Editorial: Letters welcome, by authors only
The SCOPE organization is encouraging people to submit Letters to the Editor that they didn't actually write, a tactic that we take issue with.
- Editorial: Appreciate our small businesses Many years ago, if you wanted milk, you walked to the corner grocery store to make the purchase.
- Editorial: Local tax a local windfall Franklin County wants a bed tax, and the state had better be ready to provide one or explain why it won't.
- Editorial: City councilors' decisions conflict When people are elected to office, they accept a responsibility to make decisions that take into account the views of all constituents and to act with fairness to everyone.
- Editorial: Education issues need feedback Time is running out for you to influence your school board on the important decisions being made now.
- Editorial: New York serious about tax evaders If you don't pay your state taxes, your motor vehicle license gets suspended. 8,900 lost licenses since August.
- Editorial: Telemarketing fundraising tips Raise your awareness of groups that raise money by telemarketing companies.
Editorial: It's maple syrup time again
Back-to-back Maple Weekends begin Saturday around the region and New York state.
- More Editorial Headlines