- Editorial: New state role after tax cap The crucial effort by the City of Plattsburgh to rebuild South Catherine Street points up the new irony in local government in New York state: A city can't afford an expensive project because the state won't allow extra spending. So the state has to pay for the project.
Editorial: Private rooms best for patients
People who are in the hospital for serious illness would never describe their accommodations as luxurious, but if anything comes close, it would be the new R4 at CVPH Medical Center.
- Editorial: Recovering from lost funding Times are challenging for small museums in New York state.
- Editorial: Good riddance to trans fats Is the government overstepping when it bans trans fats? In a word, no.
- Editorial: Proper attitude toward military As we look back at the gratifying homage paid to our nation's military, past and present, on Veterans Day, some vets of a bygone era can't help but be moved by the enormous change in attitude toward Americans in the service.
- Editorial: American always help We're reminded every week -- sometimes every day -- how lucky we are to live in the North Country. The latest reminder is the unspeakable disaster currently devouring parts of the Philippine Islands.
- Editorial: Fly a flag for Veterans Day Tomorrow is a day off for many people, but it is also a chance for the North Country to create a big public show of support for veterans.
Editorial: Protection while in the woods
Hunters are in the woods across New York state for deer and bear season, experiencing one of their most anticipated times of the year.â€©
- Editorial: City needs some inspiration City of Plattsburgh voters have chosen a new mayor and councilors after years of steady guidance by Donald Kasprzak.
Editorial: It's essential, easy to vote
Today is your chance to make your opinions more than just words.
- More Editorial Headlines