- Editorial: More information, action needed Some very troubling assertions emerge from a new report using a broad range of data to forecast American children's chances for success in life.
- Editorial: Northway phones still essential This will come as a surprise to many people: The aid phones that line the Northway have been working just fine for the past eight years.
Editorial: Saving books from the landfills
Dannemora Free Library has undertaken an eco-friendly initiative that we hope other libraries will emulate.
- Editorial: Editorials meant to show opinion We had to chuckle a little when someone posted a comment online recently telling us our editorials "are slanted."
- Editorial: Opportunities going untapped New York state is doing what it can to encourage and enable women and minorities to succeed in business, but, in this region anyway, the effort isn't being taken advantage of.
- Editorial: Fred Phelps's legacy of hate The Rev. Fred Phelps was a role model -- for how a person of faith should not behave.
Editorial: Letters welcome, by authors only
The SCOPE organization is encouraging people to submit Letters to the Editor that they didn't actually write, a tactic that we take issue with.
- Editorial: Appreciate our small businesses Many years ago, if you wanted milk, you walked to the corner grocery store to make the purchase.
- Editorial: Local tax a local windfall Franklin County wants a bed tax, and the state had better be ready to provide one or explain why it won't.
- Editorial: City councilors' decisions conflict When people are elected to office, they accept a responsibility to make decisions that take into account the views of all constituents and to act with fairness to everyone.
- More Editorial Headlines