Editorial: New DWI penalty most welcome
The New York State Legislature is to be thanked for legislation expected to intensify the penalty for repeated drunken-driving offenses.
- Editorial: Great news on sales tax It appears that the North Country is holding its own in the crucial area of sales-tax collections, while most of the rest of the state is struggling.
- Editorial: Getting tougher with pet thieves Most people regard their pets as far more than an animal which with their share their home.
- Editorial: Sign up for organ donation It's shocking and distressing news that New York is among the nation's worst in signups for organ-transplant donations.
- Editorial: History always evolving Edward A. Dienst died in Glens Falls this week. That's not a news item that will have a lot of significance, perhaps, for many people in this area.
- In this case, chase was warranted Anytime a fatal accident involves police pursuit, people question whether the chase was necessary. Could lives have been spared if police had backed off?
Editorial: Time to address labor puzzler
Gov. Cuomo is finally acting on something that government administrators should have done long ago: try to figure out what the minimum wage should be for workers who rely on tips for most of their livelihood.
- Editorial: It's all right here, or not far away The North Country has the good fortune to reside right in the middle of some very impressive, world-class venues.
Editorial: Encourage kids to read in summer
We are guessing that some of our readers' favorite childhood memories include participating in summer reading programs.
- Editorial: Acting to ensure patient safety A jury last week found CVPH Medical Center culpable in the unnecessary death of a 94-year-old patient.
- More Editorial Headlines
- Editorial: New DWI penalty most welcome