Remaining July blood drives listed
PLATTSBURGH — The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, a program of CVPH Medical Center, has set up blood drives for July.
The dates are as follows:
• 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, Wadhams Community Church.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, Clinton County Department of Social Services.
• Noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, Adirondack Medical Center.
• 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 17, Wilmington Fire Department.
• 4 to 7 p.m. Monday, July 21, Ellenburg Knights of Columbus Hall, in memory of Jerry Martin.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, St. Lawrence County Human Services Building.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, Massena Memorial Hospital.
• Noon to 3 p.m. Thursday, July 24, Jeffords Steel.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, July 25, Walmart, Route 11, Malone.
• 3 to 7 p.m. Monday, July 28, Peru Fire Department.
• 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, Bangor Fire Department.
• 3:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 31, Mooers Fire Department.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years old. The minimum weight requirement is 110 pounds. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days). Apheresis (red blood cell donation) donations can occur every 16 weeks.
The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, located in the CVPH Health Plaza, is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Walk-ins are welcome, however those interested in apheresis donation should call 562-7406 to make an appointment.
More information and a complete listing of upcoming drives can be found at www.cvph.org.
• • •
Stroke Support Group to meet
SARANAC LAKE — Adirondack Health will host a Stroke Support Group meeting from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, in the first-floor Conference Room at Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake.