‘Stories of Strength’ tonight at Strand
PLATTSBURGH — “An Evening of Healing: Stories of Strength” will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 10, in the Strand Theatre.
Select members of the community will share their stories of strength, hope and courage. On the stage will be survivors of cancer, suicide, the Bosnian War and domestic violence.
The event is free and open to all.
Call 563-8206 for additional information.
June blood drives announced
PLATTSBURGH — The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, a program of CVPH Medical Center, conducts community blood drives with the support of many local businesses and organizations. Here is the list for June:
• Tuesday, June 10, Brushton-Moira American Legion Post 939, Moira, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, June 12, Lake Placid Masonic Lodge, Station Street, 3 to 6 p.m.
• Monday, June 16, St. James Church, Cadyville, 3 p.m. to 7p.m.
• Monday, June 16, Champlain K of C, 3 to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 17, FCI Ray Brook, 12:30 to 4 p.m.
• Wednesday, June 18, Altona Fire Department, 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Thursday, June 19, Ausable Forks Ambulance Service, 2:30 to 7 p.m.
• Friday, June 20, Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Monday, June 23, West Chazy Fire Department, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Monday, June 23, Keene Fire Department, 3 to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 24, Essex County Department of Social Services, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 24, Morrisonville Ambulance Service, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, June 25, Alice Hyde Medical Center, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday, June 26, Mountain Lake Services, Port Henry, 1 to 5 p.m.
• Friday, June 27, NYS DEC, Ray Brook, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Monday, June 30, CVPH Medical Center Auditoriums A+B, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years of age. The minimum weight requirement is 110 pounds. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days). Apheresis (red blood cell donation) donations can occur every 16 weeks.
The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, located in the CVPH Health Plaza, is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Walk-ins are welcome, however those interested in apheresis donation should call 562-7406 to make an appointment.
More information and a complete listing of upcoming drives can be found at www.cvph.org.