PERU &mdash. A barn fire at 55 Clark Road ignited Friday evening and then rekindled Sunday morning.
At about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, Peru Fire Department responded to the building owned by Rob Butts, which houses four horses and two calves, according to Peru Fire Department Chief Tyler Williams.
Keeseville, South Plattsburgh, Morrisonville and AuSable Forks fire departments provided mutual aid and Cadyville Fire Department was on standby.
“We believe a stray ember was in the blown-in insulation above the workshop,&rdquo. Williams said.
While smoke and flames were visible upon their arrival, he said damage to the building was minimal.
“The damage was confined to the shop area of the barn,&rdquo. Williams said.
No injuries were sustained as a result of the fire and the Peru Fire Department was back in service 5 a.m. Sunday.
Williams explained that the original fire Friday began after ice slid off the roof and struck the chimney, separating a joint.
&mdash.By Contributing Writers Kaitlyn Affuso and Amy Heggen