Press-Republican

October 10, 2013

Police Log: Oct. 10, 2013 — Fire


Press-Republican

---- — PLATTSBURGH — Lint from a clothes dryer ignited in the basement of an apartment at 2 Leblanc Lane on Tuesday, causing the appliance to catch fire.

Plattsburgh City Fire Lt. Shawn Clark said that a tenant called 911 to report the fire at about 6:30 p.m.

“Most of the damage was to the dryer, but there was minor smoke and water damage to the apartment,” he said.

No one was injured as a result of the fire, and the department was back in service at about 8 p.m.

“The occupants of the apartment won’t be spending the night there,” Clark said. “The owner of the building was going to make arrangements for the night at a local establishment.”

The tenants can return after repairs are made and the apartment is cleaned, he said.

— By Staff Writer Felicia Krieg and Contributing Writer Amy Heggen