Police, Fire, Courts

December 10, 2013

Tasers used to subdue two

ALTONA — Police say they had to subdue two men with Tasers after they resisted arrest with violence.

On Friday evening, Dec. 6, State Police were called to an Altona home after a report that an order of protection had been violated.

Wayne A. Graves Jr., 27, was there, authorities said, despite a stay-away order of protection.

He and his brother, Evan M. Graves, 21, "became confrontational with the responding troopers," a press release from State Police said. 

"(As) they were trying to affect an arrest on Wayne, Evan decided to fight with them," State Police Troop B Public Information Officer Trooper Jennifer Fleishman said.

So he was subdued with a Taser and arrested, she said.

Wayne actively resisted police and also threatened them with harm, the release said.

He punched a trooper in the face, and then he, too, was stunned by a Taser, it said.

Taken into custody, Wayne kicked the rear driver's side door of the police car as troopers were trying to get him inside it, police said, causing damage to the vehicle.

Evan faces a charge of second-degree obstructing governmental administration, a misdemeanor. He is due in Altona Town Court at 7 tonight.

Wayne was charged with third-degree criminal mischief, a felony, and third-degree attempted assault, second-degree criminal contempt and resisting arrest, all misdemeanors. 

He was arraigned in Altona Town Court and sent to Clinton County Jail with cash bail set at $2,500.

He remained incarcerated on Monday.

In early April 2011, Wayne was arrested after what police described then as a destructive domestic dispute at a home in Mooers.

Authorities said he broke several windows and toppled a refrigerator.

Because the damages totaled more than $250, he was charged with third-degree criminal mischief. That time, bail was set at $1,000.

Email Suzanne Moore:

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police, Fire, Courts
Our Best Friends

Celebrate your friendships with your favorite pet

CVPH Job Opportunities