SCHUYLER FALLS — A furnace malfunction and code violations Saturday night caused a Schuyler Falls family to be temporarily displaced.
The Morrisonville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report of a malfunctioning furnace at 38 River Street, Schuyler Falls, around 7:20 p.m., according to Clinton County Dispatch.
When firefighters arrived, they found the malfunctioning furnace along with a number of electrical issues that violated code regulations, Fire Chief Kevin Randall said.
“There was no real damage,” Randall said.
Schuyler Falls Codes Officer William Lacount was notified and Randall said the residence was condemned while the property’s landlord made the necessary repairs.
The North Country Chapter of the American Red Cross provided food and temporary lodging to the family, consisting of two adults and two children, while the property’s landlord fixed the violations.
No further information was available.
— By Contributing Writer Ben Rowe