---- — CHAMPLAIN — Champlain and Mooers volunteer fire departments responded to a garage fire at 498 St. John’s Road shortly after 5 p.m. Friday.
A chimney fire spread into the garage’s walls, according to Champlain Fire Chief Peter Timmons. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire by 6:15 p.m., he said. The garage was intact except for some minor damage and a small hole in the wall. No injuries were reported.
Rouses Point Volunteer Fire Department was on standby at the Champlain station.
Champlain Fire Department returned to service at 6:23 p.m.
— By News Editor Suzanne Moore and Staff Writer Felicia Krieg