MALONE — A chimney fire was reported at 34 Robinson Circle Tuesday evening.
The 911 call came at 6:21 p.m., according to Franklin County Dispatch.
Malone Callfiremen responded to the home of Scott Robinson. Constable, Bangor and Moira fire departments were turned around while en route to the residence and Westville Fire Department stood by near a water source as a precaution.
“Fortunately (the fire) was contained to the chimney,” said Malone Callfiremen Chief Paul Langdon.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire and no damage was done to the house.
The firemen finished cleaning the chimney and were back in service at 7:49 p.m., Langdon said.
— Compiled by Contributing Writer Amy Heggen