KEESEVILLE — Authorities believe a fire that damaged a garage in Keeseville Saturday started in a four-wheeler inside a building.
No one was injured, said Grant Brassard, Keeseville Volunteer Fire Department fire captain.
William Thwaits of 1554 Route 9N in Keeseville reported the fire in his garage Saturday afternoon, Brassard said, and the department was dispatched at 3:09 p.m.
The garage has smoke and water damage but isn’t a total loss, the captain said, and no other vehicles were in the garage.
Departments from AuSable Forks and Peru were called in for mutual aid, he said.
It was unknown Saturday whether Thwaits has insurance on the garage.
The Keeseville Volunteer Fire Department was back in service by 5:10 p.m.
— By Staff Writer Felicia Krieg