DANNEMORA — The Dannemora Fire Department responded to a chimney fire Tuesday afternoon.
At about 2:45 p.m., the department responded to a call for a fire at 739 Route 374, with mutual aid from Cadyville and Saranac fire departments.
“It (the fire) was contained into the chimney,” said Assistant Fire Chief Nick Pain. “There was smoke in the house but we cleared that out.”
The department was back in service at about 4:20 p.m.
No further information was available.
— By Staff Writer Felicia Krieg and Contributing Writer Amy Heggen